So archaeologists from the UK & Austria believe to have found ‘the find‘: a woodhenge (/barrow?) near Stonehenge. Illustrator Mike Frodsham does a nice tongue-in-cheek interpretation job : henge jealousy and an almost cave painting.
Sounds of the Mesolithic
This Werk bzw. Inhalt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 Switzerland License.
- For those poor archaeologists that work in the #Alps: TEA (@archaeologyEAA), Taiwanese landscape painting & facebook wp.me/peQLI-rb 1 day ago
- Fascinating alpine #archaeology. Relevant for recent finds in #Alps too, esp dating. Prehistoric farming in #Tibet: sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/… 1 day ago
- Fantastic to hear A.Potengowski play contemporary music on reconstructions of 40ky old instruments from the Schwäbische Alb! #bernerzirkel 2 days ago
- Great #archaeology day! Finished draft #Mesolithic scraper article & now see Dr. Münzel on #Palaeolithic musical instruments! #bernerzirkel 2 days ago
- Making an Early #BronzeAge axe, as found at Thun-Renzenbühl, Switzerland. youtu.be/z4FuNi4uDa4 #archaeology @ Historisches Museum, #Bern. 6 days ago
categoriesalpine archaeology Alpine Archäologie anthropology archaeology archaeology - Mesolithic archeologie Archäologie Arconciel/La Souche Bern blogging Bronze Age CH excavation experimental archaeology Fieldwork Graubünden lithics Mesolithic Mesolithikum mesolithique Neolithic Palaeolithic PhD Switzerland Uncategorized Universität Zürich use wear analysis visualisation