It is already a few years ago that I took part in the fieldwork part of the “Silvretta Historica” project of my friend Th. Reitmaier. The fieldwork has been completed and now it is time for post-excavation work and once every while to look back at the great archaeology and wonderful times we had in the Alps on the Swiss-Austrian border.
But, looking to the future, today I met with another friend to talk about starting a new field project in the near future. Exciting things on the horizon!
Sounds of the Mesolithic
This Werk bzw. Inhalt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 Switzerland License.
- Heute ist #Ötzi's "wieder-Geburtstag" (1991). Ötzi ist aber nicht allein! > #Schnidejoch, #FuorcladaStrem,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- thread: Happy #Ötzi-day! The #Iceman was "re-born" on this day in 1991. With #glaciers & #icepatch-es in the #Alps… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @matthias_huss: Difficult to imagine: That much ice (8m) melted away at the snout of Findelen #Glacier just during this summer! At 2600… 1 day ago
- Nice #BronzeAge #archaeology from the @kanton_bern. #preles #archäologie twitter.com/psich_en/statu… 2 days ago
- Drawing of a nice #magdalénien bâton from Veyrier/Thioly, Switzerland. #archaeology #magdalenian #upperpalaeolithic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
categoriesalpine archaeology Alpine Archäologie archaeology archaeology - Mesolithic archeologie Archäologie Arconciel/La Souche Ausgrabung Bern blogging Bronze Age CH excavation experimental archaeology Fieldwork Graubünden lithics Mesolithic Mesolithikum mesolithique Neolithic Palaeolithic PhD Switzerland Uncategorized Universität Zürich use wear analysis visualisation