I came across these photos. They are contributions to Picturing The Past – Capturing Aberdeenshire’s Archaeology, a photography competition focussing on archaeological sites and monuments in Aberdeenshire.
They brought back good memories of fieldwork in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, digging and surveying Recumbent Stone Circles such as those on some of the photos. I also love the photo of the Mesolithic Shell Midden Sands of Forvie, Newburgh by Erin Taylor Sharp (Children’s category)!
Sounds of the Mesolithic
This Werk bzw. Inhalt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 Switzerland License.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Palaeolithic and Mesolithic archaeology in Switzerland – where we stand now
- Hafting microliths - from Scandinavian moors to high alpine slopes
- Sickles? You're still wondering about sickles?
- Pinus cembra, Tamangur, Las Gondas and the Mesolithic
- Grande tour des Alpes II: Muretto glacier, Val Forno/Plan Canin, the Oberhalbstein
- Gardening and the onset of agriculture in the Swiss Alps
categoriesalpine archaeology Alpine Archäologie archaeology archaeology - Mesolithic archeologie Archäologie Arconciel/La Souche Ausgrabung Bern blogging Bronze Age CH excavation experimental archaeology Fieldwork Graubünden lithics Mesolithic Mesolithikum mesolithique Neolithic Palaeolithic PhD Switzerland Uncategorized Universität Zürich use wear analysis visualisation