A little while ago I posted a photo of a crystal inclusion in a white flint bladelet. I promised to post some more, whenever I think of it. So here is another example of the beautiful things I have encountered doing the use wear analyses. This burnt flint bladelet, like the last example from Late Mesolithic layers at Lutter/St. Joseph, France, did not show any signs of use. However, the microscope does show beautifully the microfossils within the flint, or possibly radiolarite, out of which it was made. And, like the last example, this photo also shows the possibilities of the digital microscope I have been able to use for the study of the use wear analyses of Late Mesolithic artefacts from two Lutter/St. Joseph, France and Arconciel/La Souche, Switzerland.
Sounds of the Mesolithic
This Werk bzw. Inhalt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 Switzerland License.
- "dead ice". That glacier, it is dead, just lying there melting, decomposing. #glacier #gletscher #BernerOberland… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @SAGW_CH: Der Archäologische Dienst #Bern gibt Informationsflyer zu archäologischen Funden heraus, u.a. zum #Schnidejoch und zum #Lötsch… 4 days ago
- RT @brearkeologi: What is melting out now is just plain unbelievable😲 This is a small wooden box with a lid. There is a hole at one end, pr… 4 days ago
- Maybe something for the @EAAPaM people who can come to Switzerland a few days early? #glacialarchaeology twitter.com/DropsOfHazel/s… 4 days ago
- Zusammen mit @AlpenclubSAC Sec-Basel organisieren wir einen #Gletscherarchäologie-Hochtour zur #Stremlücke/… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Palaeolithic and Mesolithic archaeology in Switzerland – where we stand now
- Hafting microliths - from Scandinavian moors to high alpine slopes
- Sickles? You're still wondering about sickles?
- Pinus cembra, Tamangur, Las Gondas and the Mesolithic
- Grande tour des Alpes II: Muretto glacier, Val Forno/Plan Canin, the Oberhalbstein
- Gardening and the onset of agriculture in the Swiss Alps
categoriesalpine archaeology Alpine Archäologie archaeology archaeology - Mesolithic archeologie Archäologie Arconciel/La Souche Ausgrabung Bern blogging Bronze Age CH excavation experimental archaeology Fieldwork Graubünden lithics Mesolithic Mesolithikum mesolithique Neolithic Palaeolithic PhD Switzerland Uncategorized Universität Zürich use wear analysis visualisation